California's Great National Parks
Larger-than-life sequoias frame your path through the Land of the Giants - experience the natural wonders of California National Parks. Gain fascinating insight and MAKE TRAVEL MATTER® as you meet a climber within Yosemite National Park to learn first-hand about the world of climbing and important conservation efforts. Have lunch with a Local Specialist in Sequoia National Park and learn about the timeless nature that abounds and later admire the stars above in a guided stargazing experience. Bask in the beauty of Mammoth Lakes and see the stunning Death Valley National Park.
- 1 Welcome Reception (WR)
- 7 Breakfast (B)
- 3 Lunch (L)
- 2 Dinner (D)
- Fresno: Visit McKellar Farm for an insider experience with farmer Bob McKellar. Bob will take you on a private, tractor pulled wagon tour of the farm followed by a fascinating Q and A session. Cap off your visit with a farm-to-table lunch, where you will learn how the farm was started by Bob’s family members in 1927 and has grown a variety of produce, including Thompson grapes, olives, oranges, and mandarins.
- Sequoia National Park: Immerse yourself in the pioneer history of the Old West, joining a living-history reenactor and Local Specialist for a lunch and stories of early life in the mountains.
- Las Vegas: A true must-see. Live "Viva Las Vegas" from the sky as you hop on the High Roller, North America's tallest observation wheel standing 550 feet tall. The 30-minute ride offers breathtaking 360-degree views of the glittering lights and neon signs of the Strip below.
- Death Valley: You’ll truly feel the solitude and vastness of Death Valley today as you head out on a guided tour of the park’s most famous sites. You’ll discover the unique geological features of Death Valley, a land of sand dunes and volcanic craters, intriguing weather-patterns, and the highest-recorded temperatures in the United States.
- Mammoth Lakes: Ascend Mammoth Mountain by gondola and enjoy the stunning views over a tasty breakfast.
- Yosemite National Park: Meet a climber and naturalist that will delve into the dynamic history of climbing in Yosemite. Enjoy storytelling, photographs, see the old and new climbing gear, as well as ask questions about how they help improve trails, restore habitat, protect wildlife, and inspire the next generation of nature-lovers, and more. This Make Travel Matter experience targets United Nations Sustainable Development Goal 15 Life on Land improving, protecting, and conserving wildlife and/or restores natural ecosystems
- Sequoia National Park: Meet your Local Specialist and enjoy stories and the latest astronomical news under one of California's most brilliant skies. The Milky Way galaxy spills out across the broad Sequoia sky, an explosion of stars, planets and infinite questions. Spend the hour touring constellations, galaxies, planets, and the history of human space and exploration.
- : Visit Yosemite National Park, Sequoia National Park, Kings Canyon National Park, Mammoth Lakes, Death Valley National Park, Giant Forest Museum, McKellar Family Farms
- : View Zabriskie Point and Badwater Basin in Death Valley National Park, General Grant Tree in Kings Canyon National Park, General Sherman Tree in Sequoia National Park
- : See El Capitan, Half Dome, Bridalveil Falls
- : Scenic Drive Along Tioga Pass
- : Tickets Included Mammoth Mountain Scenic Gondola
- Yosemite National Park: Stay at the Yosemite Valley Lodge located close to Yosemite Falls in the middle of the national park.
- Sequoia National Park: The Wuksachi Lodge in the heart of Sequoia National Park surrounded by forest and soaring Sierra peaks.
- : An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- : Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- : All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- : All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- : Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- : Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- : Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- : All transport and transfers shown
- : Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- : Optional Experiences and free time
- : On occasion, hotels of similar standard and location may be utilized.
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- All transport and transfers shown
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Optional Experiences and free time
- On occasion, hotels of similar standard and location may be utilized.
- National Parks and Preserves
Imagine unmissable experiences you've always dreamed of, getting to know the locals and having everything taken care of every step of the way.
Here's what you'll experience:
Must-sees to local secrets
Visiting bucket list sites are a highlight of traveling, however, traveling on your own can make them hard work. Don't queue with other sightseers for hours, with Trafalgar our experts unlock doors - think exclusive access to the Vatican out of hours or a...
|1||Soar Above the Neon Lights of Vegas|
|2||Travel Through Stoic Death Valley National Park|
|3||Dine in the Clouds at Mammoth Mountain Stays With Stories|
|4||Stroll or Hike in Yosemite Make Travel Matter|
|5||Enjoy the Night Sky Under Sequoias and Stars Stays With Stories Make Travel Matter|
|6||Meet the World's Largest Living Tree Dive Into Culture|
|7||Get a Taste of Hollywood|